Ron Simmer, President
Ron Simmer founded PATSCAN at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Library in 1987. While at UBC, Ron published the PATSCAN News and organized educational seminars and courses to maintain contacts with industry and academic research communities.
In 2003, Ron left UBC and founded PATEX Research and Consulting Ltd. PATEX draws on the specialized knowledge of research associates at the University of British Columbia when needed.
Publications & Presentations
- Competitive Intelligence Patent Searching Lab & Exercise
- Managing Intellectual Property to Maximize Profit and Minimize Risk
- Patent Search Strategies: Keywords or Classifications?
- Researching the Patent Literature in the Electronic Age
- The Patent Searcher’s Dilemma: Where is the Value? How to Manage Costs Conducting Patent Searching for Competitive Intelligence
- Using Intellectual Property Data for Competitive Intelligence
- The Patent Searcher’s Dilemma
- Patents issued for technologies for deep seabed polymetallic nodule exploration and mining (1960 to 1998)