Expert Intellectual Property Searches
PATEX Research and Consulting Ltd. provides expert intellectual property searches to meet the needs of Inventors, Entrepreneurs, and Professionals in the Legal and Technology Transfer field.
Using the best commercial patent databases, PATEX’s searches cover Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia, as well as major European and Asian countries.
All our searches include a report document explaining search parameters, research results, and relevance of enclosed patents. Each PATEX search report includes full copies of referenced prior art patents.
A Western Canadian leader in the provision of research services in the intellectual property field, PATEX also hosts workshops and seminars on intellectual property management. Ron Simmer is the former chairman of the Vancouver chapter of the Licensing Executives Society of US and Canada, an organization offering monthly intellectual property informational meetings.
Origins of PATEX
Ron Simmer founded PATSCAN at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Library in 1987. While at UBC, Ron published the PATSCAN News and organized educational seminars and courses to maintain contacts with industry and academic research communities.
Ron Simmer, CEO of PATEX
Ron Simmer founded Patscan at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Library in 1987. In 2003, Ron started PATEX Research and Consulting Ltd.
Activities & Affiliations
- Executive committee, Licensing Executives Society (LES) Vancouver Chapter
- Member, Patent and Trademark Association of BC
- Member, Patent Information Users Group (PIUG)
- Competitive Intelligence Patent Searching Lab & Exercise
- Managing Intellectual Property to Maximize Profit and Minimize Risk
- Patent Search Strategies: Keywords or Classifications?
- Researching the Patent Literature in the Electronic Age
- The Patent Searcher’s Dilemma: Where is the Value? How to Manage Costs Conducting Patent Searching for Competitive Intelligence
- Using Intellectual Property Data for Competitive Intelligence
- The Patent Searcher’s Dilemma
- Patents issued for technologies for deep seabed polymetallic nodule exploration and mining (1960 to 1998)